Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yearbook- Blog 1

I can not decide on what to write about, so I will write about my summer!

This summer I went on a tour with a drum corps, The Santa Clara Vanguard. I was in the colorguard and we traveled across the U.S. for three months straight. Our show was called Three, Mind Body and Soul. For three months we learned the routine for the show and tried to perfect it. We traveled on buses, slept in gyms, theaters, and on the bus. We would rehearse all day, and when I say all day I mean like 8am to 10pm.

I know it sounds crazy. Why would I want to do something like this. Well it's a very different experience, and I definitely would not trade it for anything. The friendships made are so strong, they are my second family, all 150 of them. Because we live together and go through the same stuff together, it's not like a normal friendship. Not only do I do it for the friendhsip, but I do it because I love colorguard. It is my passion.

Of course there were days when I wanted to go home, but sticking through it made me a stronger person. Of course the tan and getting fit was nice! So overall I had an amazing summer, and I can't wait to do it again next summer!

1 comment:

Phylicia Mercedes said...

Wow, what a busy summer! I am very impressed. I went on a choir tour for two weeks in may and by the end of it I desperately wanted to go home. It was hard living out of a tiny suitcase for that long. I can't imagine three months!

Your summer sounds like it was amazing. I am glad you enjoyed it.